- Degree Level: Masters
- Location: Canada
- University: McGill University
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
The McGill University MasterCard Scholarships aim to empower academically talented young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa. This initiative provides access to a world-class university education and offers comprehensive support systems to help these students succeed. The goal is to create a transformative network of young people and institutions that will drive inclusive and equitable socio-economic change in Africa.
Value & Duration:
- Full Scholarship
- Monthly Stipends
- Airfare Tickets
Eligible Study Fields: Eligible Master’s Programs (Non-Thesis ONLY)
- Animal Science: Sustainable Agriculture
- Bioresource Engineering – Environmental Engineering
- Bioresource Engineering – Integrated Food & Bioprocessing
- Bioresource Engineering – Integrated Water Resource Management
- Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry – Food Science
- Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry – Food Safety
- Human Nutrition: Project
- Public Health
- Public Policy (maximum of 5 Scholars per year)
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African Countries (refer to the list of eligible countries)
To qualify for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, you must meet these requirements:
- You must be admissible to one of the eligible non-thesis programs at McGill University.
- You should not have previously registered for or completed any graduate studies.
- You must be a citizen of, and reside in, a Sub-Saharan African Country (please see the list of eligible countries).
- You need to possess a valid passport and be eligible for Canada as an International Student, requiring a Study Permit. Individuals with dual citizenship, asylee, refugee, or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK, or EU are not eligible.
- You are encouraged to apply, even if you don’t fall into a Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program priority group. However, applicants who self-identify with specific groups, such as women, refugees or internally displaced persons, or persons with disabilities, will be given preference in the selection process.
- You should have an outstanding record of service and community involvement within your school or community.
- You must have a commitment to return to your home country immediately upon completing your degree, with the goal of contributing to social and economic development.
- Your age must be less than 35 years at the time of application.
- Commence your graduate application at McGill University. Don’t proceed with the payment of the application processing fee immediately. Instead, complete all other steps.
- Complete the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Application Form to have your eligibility assessed for the study program and scholarship. Only complete applications from candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered.
For more information and to begin your application, please visit the official scholarship website.