- Job Title: Senior Applications Developer
- Location: Richland County, SC
- Employment Type: Time Limited – Full-Time
- Job Number: 156983
- Agency: Revenue and Fiscal Affairs Office
- Opening Date: 10/17/2023
- Closing Date: 11/1/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
- Hiring Range – Min: $50,000.00
- Hiring Range – Max: $60,000.00
- Normal Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (8:30 – 5:00)
- Pay Band: Unclassified
- EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
- Veteran Preference Statement: South Carolina is making Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
The Revenue and Fiscal Affairs Office (RFA) Data Integration and Analysis Division is seeking a full stack web developer with experience in open source and object-oriented development. The ideal candidate should be eager to learn new technologies in an agile environment. The role involves designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining complex, secure web applications and tools for RFA and other state agencies.
- Gather requirements from customers and design new systems or modifications.
- Implement, test, and maintain features and modifications to secure, data-driven web applications.
- Work with personally identifiable information (PII) and ensure data protection.
- Document specifications and system issues, following appropriate workflows.
- Collaborate with customers to finalize application specifications.
- Provide technical assistance to RFA staff and customers.
- Perform backend application development using MySQL or other appropriate database technologies.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of system security plans and system design documents.
- High school diploma and work experience in system program modification, system software design and development, or system software testing and debugging.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in a related field may substitute for work experience.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or another modern programming language.
- Knowledge of at least one modern programming language (e.g., Ruby, Python, Clojure, Java, .NET, Scala, Common Lisp, ANSI C, Haskell).
- Ability to write and revise computer programs.
- Proficiency in web application development on both the front and back end.
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails, MySQL or PostgeSQL, and Linux.
- This position is eligible to be fully remote within the state of Ohio.
- The posting range for this position is $73,100 – $90,000 annually.
- Application deadline: November 5, 2023.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Revenue and Fiscal Affairs Office is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds, including under-represented communities, to apply.