Job Title: Principal Associate, Client Development
Location: McLean, Virginia (Remote – Eligible)
Company: Capital One Shopping
Capital One Shopping is seeking a Principal Associate to join their Partnerships Team. In this role, you will collaborate with top merchants to help them utilize Capital One Shopping’s suite of solutions effectively. This is a client-facing position, and the ideal candidate should have experience in product, data, and strategic account management. As a Principal Associate, you will bridge the gap between clients and internal teams.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with external stakeholders, including merchants, agencies, and networks, to support the growth and development of Capital One Shopping.
- Integrate Capital One Shopping’s products and services with merchant partners.
- Use data to optimize and expand your portfolio of businesses.
- Educate, support, and train agencies and industry partners on COF Shopping.
- Collaborate with Product, Revenue Management, and other key stakeholders to drive business growth.
- Perform strategic analysis to support merchant initiatives.
- Technical skills, such as utilizing analytic platforms, APIs, and proprietary tools, are a plus.
- Scale up new merchants through education and support.
An ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong strategic, analytical, and data-analysis skills.
- Demonstrated experience and results in strategic client-facing interactions (in-person, phone, email).
- Experience in identifying, creating, and implementing strategies to achieve organizational objectives.
- Prior experience in taking full ownership of client relationships and the ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders to create customized solutions for partners.
- A strong commitment to team culture, collaboration, and open communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in a client-facing sales or account management role.
- 5+ years of experience in affiliate, enterprise sales, performance marketing, or account management.
- A proven track record of managing, selling, and developing relationships with Strategic Merchants.
- Experience in managing technical integrations.
- Proficiency in data, analytics, and communication skills.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $118,700 – $135,400 for Prin Assoc, Client Development.
- Remote (Regardless of Location): $100,600 – $114,800 for Prin Assoc, Client Development.
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location. The actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance-based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonuses and/or long-term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non-discretionary, depending on the plan.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa, now or in the future. Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. For this role, you must reside in or within commuting distance to McLean, Virginia, and will have the option to work remotely.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
If you have visited Capital One’s website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position and require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com.