Job Title: Legal Administrative Assistant (Cambridge, MA)
Time Type: Full time
Posted On: Posted Today
Job Requisition ID: 498023
The Legal Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Employment, Labor, Immigration, and Benefits law group of Philips North America LLC. This role is a hybrid-based position, requiring the presence of the assistant in the Cambridge, Massachusetts office for three (3) days each week.
- Execute secretarial and administrative/clerical duties related to legal work.
- Assist with benefits appeals processes and procedures, including tracking incoming and outgoing appeals through regular and electronic mail, providing template responses, preparing meeting agendas, drafting correspondence, maintaining file records, and managing a tracking spreadsheet of appeals handled.
- Support Immigration Legal tasks, which involve maintaining filing systems, creating and maintaining Public Access files, updating immigration spreadsheets, managing incoming and outgoing mail (including Federal Expressing of immigration petitions), and retyping immigration documents.
- Organize and schedule meetings and training sessions, order department supplies, process purchase orders, handle invoices, and perform invoice processing reconciliation.
You’re the right fit if:
- You possess over 2 years of experience in similar roles, preferably within a legal setting.
- Your skills include keen attention to detail, effective organizational abilities, the capacity to manage competing priorities, and a proactive work style to meet business deadlines, all while working with minimal supervision.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required, and Adobe skills are preferred.
- You should be able to meet the minimum physical, cognitive, and environmental job requirements for this office/remote position, with or without accommodation.
Philips is a health technology company founded on the belief that every individual’s well-being matters. The company is committed to providing access to quality healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The mission is to improve lives through meaningful work.
- Learn more about our business.
- Discover our rich and exciting history.
- Learn more about our purpose.
- Read more about our employee benefits.
If you’re interested in this role and have many, but not all, of the experiences needed, we encourage you to apply. You may still be the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Philips. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.
Philips Transparency Details
The hourly pay range for this position is $30.00 to $52.00, plus overtime eligibility. The actual base pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors including job-related knowledge/skills, experience, business needs, geographical location, and internal equity.
In addition, other compensation, such as an annual incentive bonus, sales commission, or long-term incentives, may be offered. Employees are eligible to participate in our comprehensive Philips Total Rewards benefits program, which includes generous PTO, 401k (up to 7% match), HSA (with company contribution), stock purchase plan, education reimbursement, and more. Details about our benefits can be found here.
At Philips, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top end of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent upon the facts and circumstances of each case.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa, now or in the future. Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. For this role, you must reside in or within commuting distance to Cambridge, MA, and will be required to work onsite in the office three (3) days per week.
Philips is an Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran and maintains a drug-free workplace.