- Job Title: Adjunct Instructor – Design for Web and Print
- Location: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
- Employment Type: Adjunct, Part-Time, Temporary
- Closing Date: January 31, 2024
- Company: Pellissippi State Community College
Pellissippi State Community College is seeking an Adjunct Instructor for Design for Web and Print to provide quality instruction for student learning and maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom. The role primarily focuses on teaching and evaluating students in the classroom and laboratories.
Department: Engineering & Media Technologies
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and teach classes as assigned, following course descriptions and syllabi.
- Supervise the study and learning activities of assigned students.
- Submit requests for equipment, supplies, textbooks, and instructional aids through department heads or program coordinators.
- Evaluate the academic progress of students.
- Demonstrate knowledge of services, regulations, and procedures as defined in the Adjunct Faculty Handbook.
- Submit course grades and perform other required administrative duties.
- Schedule two office hours, though they are unpaid during the summer session. In extenuating circumstances, provide an alternative plan for student access.
- Associate’s degree or higher in the Design for Web and Print teaching field or closely related field from a regionally accredited college/university.
- Three years of work experience in the field.
This posting does not guarantee an open position. Applications for adjunct faculty positions are continuously accepted and reviewed by the department when openings become available. Teaching assignments are on a term-by-term basis, including fall, spring, and summer. Postings close yearly on January 31. To maintain your application in the system, re-application is required each year.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for a position at Pellissippi State, you must create an online application. Evaluation of your skills, abilities, qualifications, and experience will be based on the information in your application. Note that attaching a resume does not substitute for completing the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. If needed, a computer and scanner are available at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center for scanning, uploading, or attaching documents.
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer.
For assistance or questions, please contact Pellissippi State Community College’s Human Resource Office at 865-694-6607 or by email at email@example.com.