Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Number of Scholarships Available: 10
Scholarship Value: $10,000 USD
Scholarship Duration: Renewable for up to 4 years
Application Deadline: Not specified
The York University Glendon Scholarship is designed for international students who gain admission to Glendon with a remarkable academic record (achieving 80% or higher, or an equivalent) and exhibit leadership qualities through community service or excellence in sports or the arts.
Eligibility for this scholarship is determined based on a recommendation letter from a high school teacher or school counselor, a comprehensive application that includes a 300-word statement highlighting the applicant’s leadership attributes and the positive impact they intend to bring to Glendon. This scholarship offers 10 recipients $10,000 to support their first year in a Glendon program and is renewable at the same amount for each year of full-time studies for up to a maximum of 4 years. To maintain the scholarship, recipients must uphold a cumulative GPA of at least 8.0 based on a minimum of 24 credits completed during an academic year, which includes the preceding summer semester, as well as the fall and winter semesters.
This scholarship is open to applicants from all countries.
To be considered for the York University Glendon Scholarship:
- Applicants must be international students requiring a study permit for Canada.
- Only high school applicants are eligible; individuals with previous college or university experience are not eligible.
- Applicants must first apply for an undergraduate Glendon program commencing in Fall 2022.
- A minimum academic standing of an “A” grade (or its equivalent) is required.
- Candidates should demonstrate community service, artistic or athletic achievements, or other individual accomplishments.
- Submission of one recommendation letter from a high school teacher or school counselor is obligatory.
Interested candidates can apply for the York University Glendon Scholarship by clicking on the “Apply For This Scholarship” link provided below.
Applicants must be prepared to submit the following documents:
- A recommendation letter from a high school teacher or school counselor.
- A complete application, including a 300-word statement illustrating the applicant’s leadership qualities and the contributions they plan to make to Glendon.
All application materials should be in English. For further details, please visit the official scholarship website.