- Scholarship Type: Master’s and PhD
- Application Deadline: January 19, 2024
The Clarendon Fund Scholarships at the University of Oxford are a significant program that awards around 140 new scholarships each year. These scholarships are granted based on academic excellence and potential, making them available to graduate students across the globe, spanning all subjects at the graduate level at the University of Oxford.
The Clarendon Scholarships are aligned with the university’s mission of fostering excellence in research, scholarship, and education at Oxford.
Value and Scholarship Duration:
- The scholarship covers the complete tuition fees, including college fees.
- Scholars on full-time courses receive a substantial annual grant to cover living expenses, with a minimum of £17,668 for the 2023-24 academic year.
- Part-time scholars receive a study support grant to assist with non-fee expenses.
- Scholarships typically extend for the duration in which you are required to pay tuition fees to the University, which often corresponds to the length of your course.
To qualify for the Clarendon Fund Scholarships, you should meet the following requirements:
- Scholarships are awarded to graduate students from around the world based on their exceptional academic merit and potential.
- They are open to candidates applying for a new master’s or DPhil (PhD) course before the January admissions deadline.
- All graduate courses leading to a degree in any subject are eligible for consideration. This encompasses full-time and part-time master’s courses, as well as all DPhil programs. Note that postgraduate certificate or diploma courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
To be considered for the Clarendon Scholarships, you don’t need to submit a separate application. When you apply for a full- or part-time master’s or DPhil course at the University of Oxford, your application will automatically be considered for the scholarship, provided you meet the December or January deadline for your course. There’s no need for additional documents specifically for the Clarendon Scholarships.