- Scholarship Type: Master’s Degree
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2023
The AIMS African Masters of Machine Intelligence (AMMI) Scholarship is designed to prepare well-rounded researchers in Machine Intelligence (MI) by focusing on fundamental research in MI and the development of a wide range of applications that address the current and future needs of Africa and the world.
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), established in 2003, is the first and largest network of centers of excellence in Africa dedicated to innovative postgraduate training in mathematical sciences. AIMS empowers the youth of Africa to shape the continent’s future through education in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), public engagement, and research. AIMS has centers of excellence in South Africa, Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, and Rwanda.
This scholarship provides full funding.
To qualify for this scholarship, you must meet the following minimum admission requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or an equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Maintain a satisfactory scholastic average, usually with a minimum average of B (or 80%) or higher.
- Demonstrate interest and/or background in artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc., through completed courses and projects.
- Be willing to mentor an undergraduate student at your previous institution while enrolled at AMMI.
- Consent to mentor an AMMI student after graduation.
- Display a strong interest in solving national or continental problems using science and technology.
To apply for the AIMS African Masters of Machine Intelligence (AMMI) Scholarship, click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below.
You should be prepared to submit the following documents as part of your application:
- Academic history
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Background summary
Please note that you must possess original degrees, diplomas, academic certificates, and transcripts upon arrival on campus.
All application documents should be in English. For more information, visit the official scholarship website.