- Type: Masters
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2023
- Number of Awards: 400
The University of Oxford Mastercard AfOx Scholarships aims to provide 400 young African scholars with fully-funded opportunities to pursue taught Master’s degrees in programs related to pandemic preparedness and recovery at the University of Oxford. This scholarship program is grounded in the shared values of collegiality, empathy, commitment, inclusion, and community between the Mastercard Foundation and AfOx.
Value & Duration of Award:
This full-cost scholarship covers the following for international students:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses
- Logistics support, including an economy return flight, visa and Immigration Health Surcharge fees, settling down allowance
- Access to a Thrive Fund for emergencies
The first year includes a rigorous academic Master’s course at Oxford and a Leadership and Impact Program to support scholars in developing collaborative leadership qualities needed to address complex social and environmental problems.
- The Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarship is open to students from all African countries.
- All students with an African nationality and residence who receive a conditional offer from the University will be eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship gives priority to underrepresented groups, including female scholars, people from refugee and displaced backgrounds, and disabled scholars. Residence considerations will be made for students from refugee and displaced backgrounds.
How To Apply:
- Submit your application for graduate study to the University of Oxford via the graduate admissions portal by the deadline for your chosen course of study.
- Read the Application Guide in detail before making your application.
- Submit your application form and all supporting documents at least a week before the December/January deadline for your course.
- Eligible candidates who receive a conditional offer from their course will be invited to apply for the AfOx Graduate Scholarship Program.
- All invited candidates must complete the AfOx Graduate Scholarship questionnaire during the application process.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed virtually before decisions are made, with timelines communicated during the interview stage.
For detailed information and to apply, please visit the official scholarship website.