- Scholarship Type: Masters
- Location: Germany
- Host Institution: United Nations University, Germany
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
The United Nations University (UNU) Scholarships, as part of the Joint Master’s Programme, is a distinguished international postgraduate initiative benefiting from the EPOS funding scheme provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). This joint M.Sc. programme equips postgraduate students with comprehensive knowledge, critical insights, strategies, and tools essential for taking an interdisciplinary approach to environmental risks and human security.
It stands as the third study program in Bonn to receive DAAD funding, alongside the ZEF Doctoral Studies program and the ARTS study program by the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Bonn.
Scholarship Type: Masters
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
Scholarship Value & Duration:
Successful applicants will receive full funding to cover all expenses directly related to the study program, along with their cost of living in Bonn.
Eligible Field of Study: Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security
Eligible Countries: International Students
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements, in addition to the general eligibility criteria for the Master’s program:
- Be a candidate from a “Developing Country” as per the DAAD classification.
- Have a minimum of two years of practical work experience in a field related to the study program, for example, with an NGO, governmental organization, or the private sector.
- Have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree no longer than five years ago.
- Have not completed any other Master’s program in a similar field of study.
- Aim for a career as a practitioner in a field related to the program of study.
- Applicants must express their desire and intention to return to their home country after completing their studies.
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship, follow these steps:
- Carefully read the provided information and FAQs.
- Submit the online application form.
- Prepare the required documents, including an academic writing sample.
- Rename the merged application documents’ file as “[your last name.your first name].pdf.”
- Send your application documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All documents must be submitted in English unless indicated otherwise. Make sure to arrange and compress your PDF application package, and only submit documents as scans in PDF format. Smartphone pictures in PDF format will not be accepted.
The following documents must be submitted as one PDF package (not exceeding 8MB in size) and in the specified order. Incomplete, late, or paper applications sent via post will not be considered:
- Online Application
- Motivation Letter
- Recent CV in EUROPASS format
- Academic Degree Certificate(s) (Bachelor’s and Master’s if available)
- Transcript(s) of Records (Bachelor’s and Master’s if available)
- English Language Proficiency
- Academic Reference(s) (Recommended)
- Copy of Passport
- Other Relevant References (Optional)
- For applicants from China, India, or Vietnam, a scan of your APS Certificate is required.
Additionally, for DAAD EPOS scholarship applicants, submit the following:
- DAAD EPOS Checklist
- DAAD Application Form
- Scholarship Motivation Letter
- Professional Reference from Current Employer
- Work Certificate(s)
In a separate PDF, provide a sample of your academic work in English. Please ensure that your submitted academic writing sample is solely your own work, and co-authored samples will not be accepted. If your academic writing is in German, you may submit it along with a suitable English summary (2-5 pages, including references), if necessary.