- Scholarship Type: Master’s
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
The Maastricht University Scholarship for International Students is designed for those from outside the EU/EEA who aspire to complete a full degree program in the Netherlands. This scholarship program combines the High Potential Scholarship supported by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund and the NL Scholarship, funded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science in collaboration with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
The scholarship program presents 24 full scholarships, each valued at €30,000, covering tuition fees, and offering a monthly stipend. The duration of the award depends on the program selected:
- 13 months for a one-year master’s program
- 25 months for a two-year master’s program
Applicants must possess nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland, or Surinam to meet the eligibility criteria.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites:
- Hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland, or Surinam, and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- Do not hold dual nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- Have applied for admission to a participating full-time master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the UM master’s program to which you have applied.
- Have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands. Exchange program participants are welcome to apply.
- Be no older than 35 years of age on September 1, 2024.
- Exhibit excellent academic results, ranking among the top 5% of scholarship applicants for the 2024-2025 program.
Interested candidates should click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below to commence the application process.
Applicants must be ready to provide the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (CV): Up-to-date, not exceeding two A4 pages, with relevant details about education and work experience.
- Letter of motivation: Use the provided template for the motivation letter, focusing on your motivation for the scholarship.
- Proof of academic excellence: You can submit either your university transcript with your grade point average or a letter signed by your institution’s Head of Department or Registrar stating you are one of the top 20 students in the graduating year of your study program.
- Personal statement of financial needs: Explain why you would benefit from the scholarship, describing personal circumstances such as financial difficulties, caretaking responsibilities, medical conditions, disabilities, refugee status, etc.
- Reference letter: Referees must be (former) professors, lecturers, or employers and not family members. Recommendations should be dated and written no earlier than February 2023.
- Contact details of one referee: Include their relationship to you and their work telephone number along with the applicable country calling code. Provide the referee’s work or institutional email address.
Please ensure all documents and applications are in English. For further details, visit the official scholarship website.