- Type: Masters
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
- Host Institution: Carnegie Mellon University, Rwanda
- Eligible Countries: All Sub-Saharan African Countries
- Eligible Field of Study: Information Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Engineering Artificial Intelligence
About the CMU-Africa Mastercard Scholarships:
The CMU-Africa Mastercard Scholarships have been established to offer support to students whose potential and promise far exceed their financial resources. This program empowers graduate students to complete their Master of Science degrees in fields such as Information Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Engineering Artificial Intelligence. Upon graduation, the Scholars emerge as leaders who drive change within their communities, contributing to significant transformations across the African continent.
CMU-Africa is part of a worldwide network of 33 Scholars Program partners, all dedicated to nurturing Africa’s emerging leaders.
Scholars in this program typically encounter social and economic obstacles, but they demonstrate the following attributes:
- Academic Talent: Scholars are passionate about learning and are determined to complete their education.
- Commitment to Giving Back: Scholars have a proven commitment to enhancing their communities.
- Potential to Lead: Scholars become role models, mentors, and agents of change.
To be considered for the Scholars Program, students must first gain admission to one of CMU-Africa’s degree programs. You can find more information about tuition, financial aid, and the application process on CMU-Africa’s official website.
How to Apply:
The application process for CMU-Africa involves two main steps:
- Submit an online application.
- Complete competency tests.
Important Note: Due to the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic, GRE scores will not be accepted during this admissions cycle.
Understanding the application timeline is crucial. Here are some important dates:
- October 1: All program applications open. You can begin your application to the MSIT, MSECE, MSEAI programs.
- December 15: Early admission deadline. Submit your application by this date for CMU-Africa to cover your competency test fees. Learn more about test fees on the official website.
- January 15: Final application deadline. Applications received after the early admission deadline will only be considered if submitted with valid DET/IELTS/TOEFL scores.
- January-April: Applications are reviewed. After the final application deadline, all components of applications undergo review.
- April-May: Admissions decisions are communicated to applicants. You will receive email communications from the admissions team regarding the status of your application at each stage. You can also monitor your application status through your application portal.
- July-August: The New Student Foundation Program is conducted for admitted students. This program facilitates the successful transition of new students to CMU-Africa.
- September: The semester begins for admitted students. CMU-Africa’s Academic Calendar serves as the source of information and planning for students, faculty, staff, departments, and external organizations. The calendar includes registration dates, class start dates, add/drop deadlines, exam dates, and more. You can view CMU-Africa’s academic calendar on their website.
For more detailed information, please visit CMU-Africa’s official website.